Had a great weekend! I am still in Seattle and spent the weekend with Maze at an AKC agility trial. It was a very interesting and therewere a couple of firsts for Maze and I, 3 standard Q's, 3 Jumpers with Weaves NQ's!! Maze has never been to a 3 day AKC trial and not double Q'd at least once! The other first, a triple Q in standard and no Q in Jumpers. Those are 2 firsts I could have lived without, but, like all things in agilty and life they most likely happen for a reason.
The main reason these awesome firsts happened, I believe, is because I am suffering from a serious case of Plantar Fascitis in my heel and the pain is excruciating! Adrenaline does a fabulous job of masking the pain while running but I do feel a bit like a weeble out on course and I am quite sure Maze thought he was running with an alien!
Today I took copious amounts of ibuprofen and decided that I was going to run no matter what as poor Maze really did deserve an actual handler, I sucked it up and ran 2 beautiful courses as did Maze, unfortunately, he had a bar that he tried desperately to get over!!! Oh well, life will go on and I guess I will certainly from here on out not take Maze the Q machine for granted!
What else is new, Hmmmm.... I think the combination of work, 3 days of AKC with only one dog and Dangers impending surgery have made wht is essentially a shortish trip seem like a lifetime! I am having a great time out here with my firneds as well as the awesome peeps that I am teaching but I am really missing my puppies on this trip. Geoff is being so great and tells me everytime I call that Danger is doing great, when I am sure he is literally bouncing off the walls! 2 more days until I get to see him at least for a few hours before I drop him off at the vet for surgery, that is officially going to suck! The suckiness will end however when he is fixed, rehabed and back intraining to be the agility superstar I know he is going to be!
I did have a great adventure yesterday though! After the trial I went with a friend to get a new tattoo and on the way to the tattoo parlor she commented that she was low on gas but that we would be fine as she can go up to 30 miles with the gas light on, and, besides she NEVER runs out of gas! Can you guess what happened next? The best part was actually running out of gas on a 2 lane bridge over Lake Wahington, there were a lot of angry drivers on this particular bridge! The super cool part was when the emergency response truck showed up and pushed us at about 45 MPH over the bridge to a pull off so we could wait for gas. So many firsts in one weekend!!
I have also spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about what's next on the agility agenda, the wheels are definitely turning and I will share the journey in my next post! Happy Sunday!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment