Saturday, September 4, 2010

An awesome day!

Just got home from the first day of the FRAT USDAA trial in Brighton, Colorado and what an awesome day it was!!
Wally, SoBe and Maze we on their game for sure! Unfortunately, I am nursing this stupid Plantar Fasciitis in my heel and running is a bit dufficult. SoBe and Wally seem to handle it just fine but Maze is still pretty confused by my erratic movement!
Maze still managed to Q in Standard, Pairs, Steeplechase and Snooker, but jumpers just is not meant to be these days as he seems to need a person who actually runs in a straight line to be able to stay on task.
wally had a most brilliant day winning Steeplechase round 1, masters Gamblers, masters jumpers, 2nd place and a Super Q in Snooker and a pairs Q!! He is such a good boy!
SoBe is really coming into her own and I could not be more pleased, ecstatic may be more like it! We bravely planned 2 dog walks in masters gamblers, well I actually walked one but decided after the first to go ahead and do the second, she nailed them both! She also had an awesome A-frame with me driving full force, OK as full force as I can manage and she ran through it as well!
No gamble unfortunately as it had a layer of the dog walk and that is just not in our bag of tricks.
SoBe also got a Snooker Q, still no super Q he daddy took it away from her! She also got a pairs Q and took second to Wally in Jumpers. I really feel that next year is going to be an awesome year!
It was really nice to be a t a smaller local trial outdoors on grass with great people, great judges and great courses! I did spend a good majority of the day stressing about Danger who was home "resting". My mom came up to the house and let him out in the afternoon, she said he was a very good boy :-)
He really thinks that he is ready to get back to training but since we are only 2 days post op I am thinking we should wait a while!
This is going to be a long road back but we will get through it and he will be an awesome agility dog when all is said and done.
I am completely optimistic, hey, if this rehab time goes as fast as the rest of time seems to go, it will be a piece of cake!
Well, I am exhausted, going to take a hot shower, ice my foot and lay with Danger for a bit.
Happy Labor Day everyone!

1 comment:

Doggy Dish said...

I have read many blogs from passionate animal lovers, but this post about your DOG is one of the best!