I have this set up now and tried it last night. Lots of tight turns required! Yikes! After finally getting the opening right, we managed 6-13 doing a FC between the #8 jump and the dogwalk. Then kept the dog on my left a made another FC after the weaves. We had a little trouble making a tight turn to 14 and another to 15 (weaves) and then avoiding the off-course tunnel entrance. Both my dogs had trouble with avoiding the off-course tunnel. I was trying to pull them past it. Probably need a better strategy. The final part from the teeter to the end also had one of my dogs wanting to go to the off-course dogwalk. But she only looked at it and I was able to keep her off it. I will be leaving this up for practice for a while. Thanks for the great course, Stacy!
C Spot Teach is a blog about my life, my dogs, and, most of all my training.
It is a place for me to share moments that are important to me, either personally or professionally.
There will be times that I am simply blogging about life, commenting about things that pop into my head or a place to share training experiences that are happening with my dogs and my students dogs.
I hope you enjoy the infrequent ramblings of a type A compulsive dog trainer with a real passion for the sport of agility and the species canine! Enjoy!
2 comments:
OK, I want to try this next time you're here. It's wicked fun.
Can't decide on which way to run it.
I have this set up now and tried it last night. Lots of tight turns required! Yikes! After finally getting the opening right, we managed 6-13 doing a FC between the #8 jump and the dogwalk. Then kept the dog on my left a made another FC after the weaves. We had a little trouble making a tight turn to 14 and another to 15 (weaves) and then avoiding the off-course tunnel entrance. Both my dogs had trouble with avoiding the off-course tunnel. I was trying to pull them past it. Probably need a better strategy. The final part from the teeter to the end also had one of my dogs wanting to go to the off-course dogwalk. But she only looked at it and I was able to keep her off it. I will be leaving this up for practice for a while. Thanks for the great course, Stacy!
Post a Comment