Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry almost Christmas!

Well, it is Christmas Eve and we are expecting a sunny day with highs in the 30's. Tomorrow for Christmas we are looking at high 40's, so no white Christmas here in this part of Colorado! That kind of bums me out as I am a Wisconsin girl who, though I would never go back to Wisconsin winters, would like a little bit more snow!

Anyway, it's that time of the year that we reflect on what we have done and more importantly what are we gonna do in the coming year. Of course there is a lot more to life than dog agility, (I think?), of course I am talking about what have we done with our dogs, (in agility) and what are we going to do moving forward, (with our dogs in dog agility)!!!!
>
As I look back on 2008 it was bittersweet. In a lot of ways it was my best agility year ever; Able finally broke the curse and not only got to play in the USDAA finals but won his spot at the Denver (our home) Regional! Maze and I won the 26" GP Regional bye at the Denver Regional as well which garnered him a spot in the finals. And just the week before my baby boy Wally won the 22" GP Regional bye to also earn his way in to the finals at the 2008 Cynosport games!! 3 dogs in the Grand Prix finals. Wow! I have never been so relaxed heading into Nationals, makes you wonder if you should just quit while you are ahead! :-)


To add more awesomeness to an already awesome year, Wally earned a spot in the very competitive 22" Steeplechase finals at the Nationals starting without a bye in the quarter finals! Pinch me I must be dreaming!!!


No, wait before you pinch me even if I am dreaming I want to continue to savor the wonderful cap on 2008 for Wally, just shy of 4 years old finished his ADCH!!! After Nationals he had 3 USDAA trials and he needed 8 legs to finish his ADCH, well he got 'em and in Grand style with lots of first placements.


Wallys daughter SoBe, (most often referred to as SoBe DoBe Doodle Bug, Sobus for short) continues to amaze me with her brilliance and athletic prowess. She will officially hit the agility scene this spring. 


It is also important to recognize what each and every one of my dogs brought to me in 2008 and every other year; unconditional, non-judgemental, always there for me love and an incredible amount of happiness! They may not all be agility dogs but they are my, very extended, very diverse family.


I was incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to visit some amazing places to teach seminars and get to work with even more amazing people. 2008 brought to light what friendship really is and allowed me to truly appreciate the friends I have. 2008 also as does every year remind me what a great family I have as well, I am very lucky indeed!


That was definitely the sweet things that I get to reflect on, unfortuntely there was the bitter part as well. It was in 2008 that I lost 2 irreplaceable members of my doggy family and at the same time a little piece of my heart. 


Buzz my adorable, somehow got an ADCH, push every button everyone has, try to get Able to kill him almost everyday, Jack Russell terrier. As far as Buzz was concerned he was put on this earth for 2 reasons, to annoy almost everyone he ever came into contact with dog or human and most importantly to love me. If those truly were his missions he succeeded with the highest honors in both :-)


Secret was my soulmate, my best friend, a once in a lifetime dog. Not a day goes by that she does not show up in my thoughts, not a day goes by that I do not miss her, not a day goes by that I do not remember something special about her. There is nothing that Secret could not do, there is nothing that Secret did not do. Boy do I miss the little red corvette...


Well, this is as mushy as anyone will ever see me get and it seems to only happen this time of year, be thankful!
Now it is time to get the goals for 2009 in order, top of the list is to live for every moment, hug the dogs every chance I get and spend good times with good people, good friends and family members that I like :-)


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Amy Siegel said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!