Friday, May 25, 2012

I think things are settling down...

...As much as they ever do for me :-) This year so far has been a marathon I will admit! The interesting thing is that at the same time I am virtually in awe of the fact that it is already almost June!!! I do not think time could possibly go any faster! I do find this to be the case, however, when you live by the calendar from one seminar/event to the next. I am not complaining, just sayin' :-) One thing I have definitely learned about myself is that I am bit of a nomad, OK a lot of a nomad. I settle down just long enough to get bored and realize that I need to do something! Right now I am tired :-) I am having the hardest time getting over the jet lag from the Belgium trip, this is not really like me. Usually I adjust to the new time zones as they occur, not this time :-)I feel fairly certain that it is less about the time change and more about needing a break to recharge. Great news! I have a bit of a break, just a couple of seminars coming up and a handful of trials. What will I do with myself?? :-)I guess what I will do is train my dogs! Admittedly, this week has been a total wash as far as training is concerned, actually it has been a total wash as far as any productive endeavors are concerned! I suppose I deserve to be tired and deserve to take a break, however, I am NOT good at it! I seem to be incapable of moving too far off the couch and I feel so guilty about it! That is crazy!! I decided the happy medium is to work on my quarterly goal setting and training strategies. So, that is my work for this evening! Time to do the old where do I go from here plan. I have some wonderful youngsters that are ready to become the focus, and, I have another whole laundry list of things I want to do! BTW, the WAO and trip to Belgium were amazing! No pun intended!! The competition was fabulous and Maze and I held our own quite nicely. The team spirit and commaraderie was second to none and a great time was had by all! These International events are life changing events without a doubt and the memories are priceless! I am very fortunate indeed! It was icing on the cake to come home and find out I had made the "short" list for FCI World team. Even though we were not chosen it was an honor to make the list and be recognized for the accomplishments Maze and I had this year. I am giving myself one more day to lounge around and then it is time to put my nose to the agility grind stone! The next chapter will be a Fantastic Journey for sure!

No comments: