I could not be more proud of Maze, or, myself for that matter! World Team Tryouts were held in Hopkins, MN this past weekend and it was fantastic!!!
I honestly do not think that Maze could have run any better, nor, has he ever run better than he did at tryouts.
We were focused, rested, and, ready to rock and roll! The tryouts are such an incredible competition with amazing dog and handler teams from all over the US competing for a coveted spot on the team. These few spots could go to any of the awesome dog and handler teams and to have landed in 4th place overall has me seated securely on cloud 9!
The courses were so much fun! I truly wish we had opportunities to run these types of courses on a more regular basis, they really push you to better yourself as a trainer and handler.
The organization of the event was amazing and the facility wonderful!
The atmosphere at tryouts although highly charged, is also laid back from the standpoint of support among competitors. Each and every person there is genuinely excited for the other competitors, the support is fabulous and the environment competitive and FUN!
The surface was great and Maze handled it brilliantly, no slipping at all.
We came away from the weekend with 3 clean rounds, 3 placements, and, 2 rounds that although not clean were fantastic none the less. Maze never missed a weave pole, touched a bar, pushed a contact or second guessed a single direction. I cannot tell the future, and, at this point have no idea whether we will be going to France this year, but, I can say in all honesty that we are ready, willing and able to represent the US and the AKC, and, whether we are here in the US or over in France come October I could not be more pleased with our performance at the tryouts!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment