Friday, March 12, 2010

What a day!

Well, this is going to be a short post as I have been up since 4:30 a.m. and have driven back and forth from Castle Rock where I was at an AKC trial today :-) Castle Rock is a little under 100 miles from my house, I pretty much always choose to drive back and forth as any nights that I can actually sleep in my own bed, I will certainly choose to do exactly that!
Anyway, today was day 1 of project SoBe contact criteria boot camp! She had a brilliant jumpers run and hit her weave poles on the first attempt smoothly finishing them all and jumping like a pro, I was totally psyched for the standard run! Well, she had a beautiful start which was also almost the end :-) She ran the dogwalk like her butt was on fire and of course completely forgot how to stop, it was at this point that I thanked the judge, scooped up Miss SoBe and left the ring. This is a battle I WILL win! I have no idea how long it will take but I WILL win. To see just how fabulously she can negotiate a dog walk with a full 2on/2off behavior check out the video on my youtube account.
We of course came home tonight and promptly went down to the building where we practiced a few perfect dogwalks. I am already anxious to see what we get tomorrow!
Maze and Wally had spectacular Jumpers runs today but unfortunately I had left my brain outside of the ring for Wallys standard run and caused a refusal at the chute... Maze decided that looking for a jump slightly offset from the chute was highly overrated when there were weave poles just on the other side of said jump :-) Truthfully the boys were brilliant today and I am still totally ready for and excited about Nationals coming up very soon.
Merger had a lovely Open Jumpers run with an unfortunate bar at the very end and did get his second Novice standard Q with a perfect running dogwalk!
Overall, it was a very good day, I am very happy and very lucky to have such awesome dogs to run and 2 more days this weekend to run them. More updates tomorrow, cross your fingers that SoBe is a good little girl!
P.S. Able is doing fantastic!!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I really admire how positive you were today when I saw you during Project Sobe. I wish I'd seen that jumpers run yesterday since I heard it was simply amazing. You were, as usual, fun to watch.