Both Vandal and SoBe got to stay with Auntie Deb while I was away this time, I am forever in her debt for all of the time she has kept my dogs while I have been gone over these past few months, especially since SoBe seems to always have issues, pulled muscles, in season, stomach bug, you name it Deb has dealt with it, so THANK YOU Deb!
It was of course awesome to see them and it was quite obvious that Vandal has grown! We got home today and it was so beautiful outside that we were able to get in a nice walk.
there was no agility training today because it was a very long day of travel but I am excited to get back at it with the youngsters tomorrow :-)
These trips are always tiring but also invigorating! I am always super excited to train when I get back from a great time teaching. I taught in Vermont on Saturday and Sunday and although I had the pleasure of working with a few people that I have worked with before I also had the pleasure of meeting a whole bunch of new people and their wonderful dogs. What a fantastic group it was, we got so much work done and honestly after it was all over I really felt like I had helped many people to gain confidence in their ability to do things they never thought they could do! That is what makes my job so wonderful and of course what makes it worth spending so much time away.
I find it so incredibly gratifying to watch a person light up with joy after they have been able to negotiate that seemingly impossible front cross or never before tried lateral lead out. It is amazing to see the impossible become the possible with just a little push from yours truly, what a rush!
Wally had a really great time as well, he was spoiled rotten and I became sort of the official mascot of the seminar.
I also tried to spend at least a bit of time working on C Spot Teach this weekend, I am really excited about the C Spot Teach program because there is such a void of material out there for the agility instructor and those that train alone.
It is my intention to get the C Spot Teach website up and running soon, it will be a subscription based site but will include a free forum available to all who are interested. The intention of the forum is to have open discussion, including, of course, questions and answers regarding the materials available as well as any instructing and training issues that you might have.
C Spot Teach will be the teaching assistant that you have always dreamed of :-) C Spot teach will include teaching guidelines and etiquette, detailed lesson plans, homework suggestions, photocopy friendly handouts, exercise illustrations, exercise set-ups, full course examples, and, course walking strategies and hints.
The C Spot Teach program is going to be designed to help you help your students achieve their goals whether it be local trials, National, or, International competition. You or your students may not even want to compete but C Spot Teach will make training yourself and others easy!
C Spot Teach will center around a user friendly format of common sense training and handling techniques that promote the utmost in teamwork. The teaching guidelines, lesson plans, homework suggestions, and exercise illustrations will be based on the same common sense approach.
Now, with the infomercial all done, I am open to any thoughts, questions, or suggestions you my have to help make this the best teaching/training tool ever! Bring on the comments!
2 comments:
Hey Stacy, C Spot Teach sounds GREAT! Let me know if you need any help with the detail/administrative cr*p...I know how much you like that stuff : )
I have been waiting for something like this for awhile. Sounds great for us "do it yourselfers"
Post a Comment